Easy Valentine’s Day Heart Hair!
Everyone that knows me, knows I love a holiday or a theme! I will bend over backwards to coordinate hair, clothes and accessories for my girls. My oldest has always had the hair to handle all of the crazy styles I have come up with, the little one, not so much, so we compromise on her. Over the years, I have tried all kinds of “heart hair”. To date, the one I am showing you is my favorite and by far the easiest.
This style is from last year, and I don’t have the whole tutorial in pictures, just the finished product. I will give you the step by step of how to recreate it, from start to finish it takes about 10 minutes. Great for those busy school mornings!
- First, start this style as a “half up, half down”. Part the hair starting at the top of the ear and follow it straight up so you have a part that goes from one ear, all the way over to the other ear in a straight line.
- Then, separate the top section of hair in half, with a middle part down the middle. Secure each side into a pigtail at the top of the head over the ear.
- Braid each pigtail and secure with an elastic.
- Take a braid and “twist” it around toward the the middle part and up and over the top of the pigtail.
- Use bobby pins to secure the top of the braid to the head, you are creating the top side of your heart.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Take both ends of the two braids and secure them together at the bottom with an elastic. Add a cute bow or clip. Done!
- Wet hair! If it’s not freshly washed, use your water bottle, it makes this and most styles so much easier!
- 3 elastics
- cute bow
- bobby pins
Last year the little one had a horrible cold, she let me make her hair “fancy” nonetheless. She is sick this year too….ugh! Below is her hair, it was short, nothing like Mini mes! But beautiful too! Look for a future post on toddler hair!
I hope you like the hairsperation! And yes, I do believe hairsperation should be a word!
I hope you find this style as easy as I did. Show me your cute Valentine’s Day hair!
If you like what you see, follow me, there are more styles to come!